Leader of Leicestershire Lib Dem County Councillors Michael Mullaney has slammed the Conservative's mini budget as showing how they are out of touch with people across Leicestershire.
Most leading economists have condemned the Tory plans that cut taxes for the richest people but will leave most working families worse off.
Councillor Michael Mullaney, said: "The Conservatives have shown just how out of touch they are with people in Leicestershire. This is not a plan, but a recipe for disaster that will leave local people suffering from soaring prices and mortgages while banks and oil and gas companies rake in huge profits.
"With the worst inflation in decades, rising mortgages, and an economy free-falling into recession, the Conservative claim to be the party of sound finances now seems like a joke. This economic vandalism will not be forgiven by residents here.
"It's no wonder so many lifelong Conservative voters are now backing the Liberal Democrats in places like Leicestershire. They just want a fair deal from this government, but time and time again they are being ignored and taken for granted."
In response to the 'bankers budget' the Liberal Democrats have called for:
• A fully implemented windfall tax on oil and gas giants
• A scrapping of the cut to corporation tax
• A scrapping of the lift on bankers bonus caps
• Guarantee support for businesses with energy costs for one year, not just six months, to provide greater certainty
• freeze domestic energy prices at what they are now, instead of hiking them again next month
• Invest in a winter rescue plan for the NHS to recruit more doctors, dentists and paramedics